We do everything we can to get things right first time for our customers, but sometimes things don’t go as expected. If you feel this has happened to you, let us know as soon as possible. We’ll work with you to understand the problem and find a way to put things right again.
You’ll need to tell us:
- Your name, address and the best daytime number to reach you on
- Your mortgage account details
- What you feel has gone wrong, and when it happened
- How you’d like us to put it right
You’re also free to include any other relevant information.
Lines are open 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm on Saturday.
UK: 0345 606 40 60
Abroad: +44 1793 774 239
Write to us at:
The Mortgage Works
Northampton Administration Centre
Kings Park Road
Northampton, NN3 6NW
- Record your complaint. This may involve calling you, so it's important to note our calls may display as an 0800 number on some phones.
- Try to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Within 15 days for a problem with a payment transaction (or 35 days in exceptional circumstances), and within 56 days for any other matter.
- Keep you informed of our progress. Depending on how long it takes to resolve your complaint, you'll receive one of the following from us:
Summary Resolution Communications
You'll get this if we've been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within 3 working days of receiving your complaint. This generic letter will let you know your complaint has been resolved, and will tell you about the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
We’ll do everything we can to resolve your complaint within 3 working days. But if we can’t do this, we’ll send you a letter acknowledging your complaint. We’ll continue to keep you updated on our progress. As soon as we’ve finished our investigations we’ll send you our Final Response.
This is more personalised, and includes:
Details of our investigation
- Our decision, and if applicable, next steps.
- Information about the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
If you’re unhappy with our decision and want to take it further, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to look at your complaint. This is a free independent service for resolving disputes.
You can refer your complaint to the FOS at any time, but they'll need our consent to investigate complaints where:
- we haven’t had the chance to put things right; and or
- we haven't exceeded the relevant timescale and haven't sent you our Final Response letter.
You’ll need to refer your complaint within 6 months of the date on our Final Response letter.
Their contact details are:
Financial Ombudsman Service
UK (landline): 0800 0234 567
Mobile: 0300 1239 123
Abroad: +44 20 7964 1000
Download our guide to what you can expect from us to try and put things right