Change of details
It’s essential that we have the right information for you, and / or your limited company.
Changing your address
Please download, complete, and post a copy of our change of address form to this address.
The Mortgage Works
You can’t change your address over the phone if you have a joint mortgage account.
This includes changing the details of your:
- Living address: your permanent residential address, or your
- Correspondence address: The designated address for correspondence to be sent to, which must be one of the parties living address. You can only have one correspondence address for the account.
We may contact you for proofs before we can change your address.
Changing your name
You’ll need to send us your:
ü mortgage number
ü old signature
ü new signature, and
ü a certified copy of either your passport or driving license.
We’ll need to see more proof, depending on why your name has changed. If the change is:
- Due to marriage - we’ll need a certified copy of your marriage certificate.
- Due to divorce - we’ll need certified copies of your marriage certificate, divorce papers and your birth certificate.
- As a result of a change by Deed Poll - we’ll need a certified copy of your Deed Poll papers.
Please send this information to:
The Mortgage Works
We may contact you for additional proofs before we can change your name.
Updating details of your Limited Company
Please see our Existing Limited Company mortgages page.
Changing your email or telephone number
You’ll need to contact us.
When you change your details, we may ask you to provide one of the proofs below so we can make the change on our systems:
|Type of proof||Original document or certified copy|
|Valid UK driving license (including old style paper)||
|Valid provisional UK photocard driving license|
|Valid full EEA passport or EU member state ID card|
|Valid student ID card from a recognised UK university or valid NUS card with photo and date of birth|
|UK-based bank or building society statement (must be less than 3 months old)||
|UK-based bank or building society credit card statement (must be less than 3 months old)|
|UK mortgage statement (must be less than 12 months old)|
|UK gas or electricity bill (must be less than 3 months old)|
|UK phone bill (not mobile; must be less than 3 months old)|
|UK council tax bill (must be less than 12 months old)|
|UK Credit Union statement (must be less than 3 months old)|
|Letter from Benefits Agency, including Universal Credit welcome letters (must be less than 12 months old)|
|Benefit letter from your local housing authority (must be less than 12 months old)|
|Tenancy agreement from a housing association or a council|
|Letter from a university or college (must be less than 12 months old)|
When we ask for certified copies of proofs, the person certifying the copy must write their full name and occupation, sign, date and confirm that they have seen the original by including the statement ‘original seen’. Please ensure the copy and certification is legible and don’t send a photocopy of the certified copy.
Any of the following people can certify documents for you:
- Nationwide or The Mortgage Works employees
- Banker/Financial professional
- Post Office staff
- FCA-registered mortgage broker
- Independent Financial Adviser (IFA)
- Notary public.