Switch to a new deal
Thinking of switching to a new deal?
Our Online Mortgage Switcher allows you to apply directly to us and can help cut out the paperwork.
If you already know what product you’d like to switch to then in just a matter of minutes you could submit your switcher application. Our Online Mortgage Switcher will guide you through the switching process and you’ll be able to compare rates, features and monthly payments.
If you’d like some advice on the options available to you, please contact an independent financial adviser.
How can I get started?
Firstly, you'll need to log in to the Online Mortgage Switcher. In order to do this you'll need to provide the following information:
- Your mortgage account number (you'll find this on your mortgage statement)
- Your date of birth
- The sort code of the bank or building society from which your mortgage direct debit is taken (you can find this on the card, cheque book or account statement). If you don't pay by direct debit, then you can use your exact last payment amount.
What's the process?
You can log in to the Online Mortgage Switcher if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your TMW mortgage deal is ending in the next 6 weeks, you're currently on one of our revert rates or you have a tracker product with a switch to fix option
- Your mortgage isn't in arrears and hasn't been in arrears in the last 2 months
- You don't have a further advance application in progress
- Your account isn't Consumer Credit Act regulated
- Your loan to value (LTV) doesn't exceed 95%
- You're not subject to a Bankruptcy Order or Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)
- Your current mortgage balance isn't less than £2,500
Once you've logged in, you'll be presented with all the mortgage products available to you, based on your individual circumstances.
You will not be credit scored as part of your application.
You won't be able to borrow more or change your term/repayment method through the Online Mortgage Switcher or in conjunction with a product switch; please contact us on 08000 30 40 60 Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm to discuss varying any terms. If you'd like advice about which product to take, please contact an Independent Financial Adviser or Mortgage Adviser.
When you sign in with your account details and decide whether to add the product fee (if applicable) to your loan, the Online Mortgage Switcher application will show you all the mortgage deals for which you're eligible. Please note, if you add the product fee to your loan you will be charged interest on it during the term of your loan.
You'll be able to select up to 4 mortgage products to compare:
- Your monthly mortgage payments
- Mortgage features
- Any fee payable (if a fee applies, you can choose to pay this up front or add it to your loan)
Once you've selected the mortgage you want and chosen whether to add the product fee (if applicable) to your loan, you can create an offer which summarises all the important features of the mortgage you have chosen, including any fees and charges you have to pay.The offer is valid for 3 weeks and will not be binding until you have accepted the offer and paid your product fee (if applicable). So if you're not happy with the mortgage you've chosen, you have the option to go back and select another by choosing Select New Product. If you need to think about the offer, by choosing to Accept Later, the offer will be saved for you, allowing you to consider your options before committing to your new deal. If you're ready to proceed, you can switch to a new deal by selecting Accept Now.
If you're happy with the product and fee payment option (if applicable) you have chosen, and you're ready to Accept Now, the Online Mortgage Switcher application will tell you when your new product will begin and once you accept the offer, you will be asked to pay any product fee applicable (unless you have chosen to add it to the loan).You'll then receive confirmation that you have completed your online switch application process successfully. Your new product will begin on the date shown to you as part of your acceptance of the offer.
Once your mortgage switch has completed (on the date shown to you as part of your acceptance of the offer), you'll receive a confirmation letter detailing your new mortgage product and monthly repayments.
Our Online Mortgage Switcher FAQs can help if you’ve got any questions.