Switching your mortgage online
It's simple to switch your existing TMW deal online.
If you are an existing TMW customer and eligible to use our Online Mortgage Switcher service, you will be able to:
- Compare your current mortgage with our latest offers
- Shortlist the mortgages you are interested in and compare rates, features and monthly payments
- Switch online in a matter of minutes
What you will need to log in
- Your mortgage account number (you'll find this on your Mortgage Statement)
- Your date of birth
- The sort code of the bank/building society account from which your mortgage Direct Debit is taken (you'll find this on the card, cheque book or account statement). If you do not pay by Direct Debit, then you can use your exact last payment amount.
What will happen?
Follow the steps below to find out how to switch your mortgage using our Online Mortgage Switcher.
You can log in to the Online Mortgage Switcher if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your TMW mortgage deal is ending in the next 6 weeks or you are currently on one of our base rates or you have a tracker product with a switch to fix option
- You only have one part to your mortgage, e.g. you have not received a further advance
- Your mortgage is not in arrears and has not been in arrears in the last 6 months
- You do not have a further advance application in progress
- Your account is not Consumer Credit Act regulated
- Your loan to value (LTV) does not exceed 95%
- You are not subject to a Bankruptcy Order or Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)
Once you have logged in, you will be presented with all the mortgage products available to you, based on your individual circumstances.
You will not be credit scored as part of your application.
You will not be able to borrow more or change yourr term/repayment method through the Online Mortgage Switcher or in conjunction with a product switch; please contact us on 0845 45 45 800 Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm to discuss varying any terms. If you would like advice about which product to take, please contact an Independent Financial Adviser or Mortgage Adviser.
Please contact us on 0845 45 45 900 Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm to discuss varying your terms.
When you sign in with your account details and decide whether to add the product fee (if applicable) to your loan, the Online Mortgage Switcher application will show you all the mortgage deals for which you are eligible.
You will be able to select up to 4 mortgage products to compare:
- Your monthly mortgage payments
- Mortgage features
- Any fee payable (if a fee applies, you can choose to pay this up front or add it to your loan)
Once you have selected the mortgage you want and chosen whether to add the product fee (if applicable) to your loan, you can create an offer which summarises all the important features of the mortgage you have chosen, including any fees and charges you have to pay.The offer is valid for 3 weeks and will not be binding until you have accepted the offer and paid your product fee (if applicable). So if you are not happy with the mortgage you have chosen, you have the option to go back and select another by choosing Select New Product. If you need to think about the offer, by choosing to Accept Later, the offer will be saved for you, allowing you to consider your options before committing to your new deal. If you're ready to proceed, you can switch to a new deal by selecting Accept Now.
If you are happy with the product and fee payment option (if applicable) you have chosen, and you are ready to Accept Now, the Online Mortgage Switcher application will tell you when your new product will begin and once you accept the offer, you will be asked to pay any product fee applicable (unless you have chosen to add it to the loan).You will then receive confirmation that you have completed your online switch application process successfully. Your new product will begin on the date shown to you as part of your acceptance of the offer.
Once your mortgage switch has completed (on the date shown to you as part of your acceptance of the offer), you will receive a confirmation letter detailing your new mortgage product and monthly repayments.
Got some questions?Click here to download FAQs on switching